Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Dad

Whenever I think my crazy life is going to become calm I think the Lord wants to remind me that he is in charge.  My dad went in for a check on his heart today he has been having a lot of pain lately when he is working.  They went in to check it out and found out he is hurting because there are three arteries that give blood to his blood.  The major one is block completely and the other two have partial blocks in them.  Tomorrow they are going to do a triple maybe a quad bypass on him.  The doctors are amazed that he is still alive.  They told him because has been in pretty good health it has keep him alive.  I am so nervous open heart surgery is very nerve racking.  The doctors told him his risk is very low due to his good health but I'm still very scared.  I'm am so grateful for my dad and all the things he has taught me in my life.  He has made me the person I am today. 

2 comments:

*Lisa* said...

OH my gosh! I love your dad too =) We will be praying for him!!

Jules said...

Kelly, it's Julie the brady's cousin. My dad had that surgery a few years ago and he is totally fine. It's weird when they explain what they do, but it's such a miracle. My paternal grandfather died of heart disease at the age of 57, if they had been abel to do that surgery back then his life would have been prolonged a lot. My dad is going on 65 this year, to our family that is doing pretty good.

I love your dad too, he is so much fun and so full of life. We will be thinking about you and praying for him and your family. I know he will do great and be back to his old self before your even ready. My dad was fishing within like a week I think. All the best.