Sunday, April 6, 2008

Our Pennsylvannia/Baltimore/DC Trip

So a couple months ago, Jared had to go on business to Pennsylvannia. It worked out perfectly because it was a week after our foster girls went home for the first time, so Brady and I decided to go with him. We had a fun time. I'll post some of the pictures on here, but we had a great time. We went to Hershey's Chocolate World in Hershey, Pennsylvannia.

While in Pennsylvannia, we also got to take an Amish Buggy Ride. It was pretty cool. We had this old Amish guy that took us on a little tour. Even though it was January, it was still nice outside so we go to see them plowing fields with teams of horses and got to see their houses and stuff. It's a very simple life out there and sometimes I think, "That might be nice." Then I realize I would miss my shows so I stop thinking that way. :)
We went to Baltimore one day and went to the aquarium. It was very cool. They had a dolphin show that Brady loved and he pretty much dug the whole thing.

We also made a trip out to DC. We got pretty good at riding the Metro out there. I like the idea of a Metro. I wish we had something like that here. Anyway, we went on a monuments by moonlight tour that was awesome. Brady didn't think it was that great, but when the monuments are lit up, it just adds a lot to the experience. 


What I was struck by more than anything is how much God is mentioned all over the monuments. It seems like today there is an effort to remove God from all things government, but when you go back there, he's just everywhere. I'm just waiting for some nutjob to make a big deal out of it and ask them to scratch God out of all the stone carvings.


Brady did all right in DC, but on our way from Pennsylvannia, we decided to buy a stroller which turned out to be smart. We got all the way through the Holocaust Museum while he was asleep. That was a heavy experience that would not have been good for him to see. Jared and I both really appreciated going through it though so best of both worlds.

All in all, a great trip. It will be fun to go on the trip again when kids are more interested in the whole thing as well. 

There are more pictures of our trip at:

No comments: